Thursday, February 10, 2011

Miss San Antonio, Dominique Ramirez, Sues After Losing Crown for Gaining Weight

Dominique ramirez model pageant sue

17-year old Domonique Ramirez,was advised of her being replaced by her 2010 runner-up for Miss San Antonio, Ashley Dixon because she reportedly failed to follow pageant rules and for gaining weight.

On February 8th, Ramirez received a temporary order by a judge in Bexar County to let her keep her crown until she can be heard.

Ramirez was apparently told to "get off the tacos" by Linda Woods, the pageant board president. Woods stated that her "weight was never an issue."

Pageant organizers claimed that Ramirez was "insubordinate, overweight at times, and late to events that required her presence". (En.Terra)

Luis Vera, Ramirez' lawyer, claims that the officials failed to provide her with chaperones and transportation to appearances as she was only 16 when crowned.

Ramirez said, "If I get my crown, great. If I don't, the only thing I'm asking is to clear my name. I'm 17. I shouldn't have to be slandered like this and my future shouldn't have to be ruined over this."

(via En.Terra)

No comments:

Post a Comment