Wednesday, February 16, 2011

NYU Fellow, Nir Rosen's Insensitive Comments About Lara Logan's Sexual Assault in Egypt

Alg nir rosen lara logan

CBS Reporter Lara Logan's recent sexual assault in Egypt was mocked by NYU Fellow, Nir Rosen calling Logan a "warmonger" and saying she was trying to outdo Anderson Cooper and the multiple punches to the head he took in Egypt.

39-year old Logan endured a "brutal and sustained sexual assault by a mob of men while covering the Egyptian uprising." The assault was finally ended by a group of women and Egyptian soldiers. (CBS News)

Known for his extensive coverage of the Iraq War, Rosen went on a Twitter rant about Logan that caused him to resign from the University's Center on Law and Security.

"Lara Logan had to outdo Anderson," and "Yes yes it's wrong what happened to her. Of course. I don't support that. But it would have been funny if it happened to Anderson too."

"Jesus Christ, at a moment when she is going to become a martyr and glorified we should at least remember her role as a major war monger," was soon followed by, "Look, she was probably groped like thousands of other women."

Rosen eventually apologized, "Ah f--k it, I apologize for being insensitive, its always wrong, that's obvious, but I'm rolling my eyes at all the attention she will get." Then, "As someone who's devoted his career to defending victims and supporting justice, I'm very ashamed for my insensitive and offensive comments," and "I am deeply ashamed because they do not represent who i am, and i would like to convey my most heart felt apologies to Ms. Logan, her family, her friends, all women and too everyone I have hurt, angered and disappointed,"

(via NYDailyNews)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment